I completed medical school and residency at the University of Washington in Seattle. Much of my training was at Harborview Medical Center, one of the leading orthopaedic trauma hospitals in the country. I completed two year-long fellowships, one in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis and the other in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University/Rothman Institute in Philadelphia. I am fortunate to have been trained by internationally renowned surgeons in both non-operative and operative management of all upper extremity disorders, including arthritis, joint replacement surgery, rotator cuff disease, sports-related injuries and arthroscopy, complex fracture care, congenital deformities, and microvascular surgery. I have written several publications as well as book chapters.
I believe trust and communication are the most important aspects of the patient-doctor relationship. I will work with you and your loved ones to educate you about your injury and develop a treatment plan together that takes into account your injury, goals, and philosophies. I will always treat you just as I would want my family member treated. I truly enjoy getting to know my patients.
In my free time, I enjoy running, cycling, mountain biking, skiing, and almost anything on the water. I look forward to discovering everything Northern California has to offer!
Please let me know if there is anything we can do at OrthoNorCal to enhance your experience. I am currently accepting new patients and I look forward to meeting you!
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Hand and Upper Extremity – Washington University School of Medicine / St. Louis, MO
- Shoulder and Elbow – Thomas Jefferson University/The Rothman Institute / Philadelphia, PA
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society